Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ham and Noodle Casserole

I had leftover ham in my freezer from New Years and found this recipe and thought it would be perfect to use it up. I really liked this recipe again because it was super easy but my daughter has this thing about meat where she doesn't eat it except for ham so when I can include it into her diet I try.

Ham and Noodle Casserole
6 ounces of linguine or fettuccine noodles
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
1 pkg frozen mixed vegetables (10 oz)
1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
3 TBSP grated parmesan cheese
2 tsp flour
1 tsp dill weed
1/4 tsp salt

Cook the noodles until they are just before el dente (under cooked) because they will cook more in the oven and you don't want soggy noodles. Mix all of the other ingredients together in a bowl and then add the noodles and toss to coat the noodles in the mixture. Put into a 2 qt casserole dish that has been sprayed with a non stick cooking spray. Cover and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 F. Uncover and then cook an additional 5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Serving size: 6 servings
calories per serving: 266 ( this all depends on if you use all of the low fat and non fat cottage cheese, sour cream and milk.)

I hadn't tried this recipe and it was a hit at my house. My daughter LOVES noodles and my husband didn't mind the dill taste. Definitely a big hit in the Savage home.



I like the glass casserole dishes (I got a bunch when I got married) because you can see when your dish is done but also they seem to cook better in the oven. I have to admit too that I like the way it looks, I am not all about presentation but I like to show off my dish sometimes.

HHmmmm...... Now what to have for dinner tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment