Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blueberry Madness!!

Right now at Sunflower Market they have Blueberries for $1.77 a pint. This is a REALLY good price and so I bought two pints (wish I had bought more, I might go back). I love having blueberries around just to snack on. They are low in calories and they are high in antioxidants. This morning I actually woke up before my husband went to work so I decided to make him a warm breakfast and made blueberry waffles. They were so super delicious! I do cheat and use a mix to start but it is totally worth it. Here's how I did it.

2 cups buttermilk pancake mix
2 TBSP oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1-2 cups water (I just add until it is thin enough for my taste)

Preheat waffle iron. I suggest using a belgium waffle maker because the blueberries cook better in the bigger holes. Then mix the ingredients together in a bowl and then pour into the iron and cook as directed.

I just wanted to share this with you guys especially the local people so they don't miss out in this amazing blueberry deal.




This waffle iron is like the one that we have and I really like it. It is easy to use and it is really inexpensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment