Saturday, January 29, 2011

Blueberry Madness!! Part 2

So I went back and got four more pints of blueberries. I know I am crazy but I really do love blueberries. I decided to make some blueberry muffins and they turned out so good.

1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1 egg white
1 cup milk
2 TBSP butter, melted
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup blueberries (you can use frozen)

Topping:
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP butter softened

Preheat oven to 400 F. In your mixer combine egg, egg white, milk, butter, lemon peel and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients but don't over mix. Fold in berries. Coat your muffin tin with a cooking spray or line the muffin tin with paper liners and fill 2/3 full. Combine topping ingredients and then sprinkle over batter. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Yields 1 dozen.

Serving size: 1 muffin
Calories per serving: 166




I like this muffin tin it is a dark one but works awesome.



My Grandma used to make us these little muffins whenever we were at her house visiting. I loved them so much and always think of her when I eat little muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment