Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Buttermilk Syrup

Well, my little sister called me for this recipe today so I thought I would just put it on here to share with all of you. It is my favorite and I can't take credit for it since my friend discovered it.

1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup karo syrup
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla

Melt the butter first and then add all other ingredients. Boil for 7 minutes or until the peaks are a golden color. Take off immediately so you don't burn the syrup. Serve on EVERYTHING!!!

You really have to use a really LARGE pot otherwise the syrup can boil over and it will make a huge mess. I also recommend you use a spatula that can resist high temperatures.




I just wanted to put this out there...I LOVE TUPPERWARE! We have three of these containers and we use them for our syrup and they work beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment