Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cousin's Stuffing

Well, this weekend I am off to St. George to visit with my husband's grandparents. When I talked to Grandma she said that she wanted to do a Turkey on Friday night. I thought this was really strange but then I thought about it more and decided that it was AWESOME!! I love turkey and I also love this new recipe that I got from Nate's cousins. It is a stuffing recipe but you don't use dried out bread you just used toasted bread. It is my favorite!! I have been trying to watch what I eat but I think that this Friday is going to be an exception...I am so EXCITED!!

Stuffing

1 stick butter
1 cup chopped onions
4 stalks celery
4 tsp sage
1/2 tsp salt
dash of pepper
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
16 slices toasted bread
1 1/2 lb sausage.

Preheat oven to 350F. Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the onions and celery and cook until veggies are softened. Brown the sausage. Add all the ingredients together except for the bread. After toasting the bread cut each slice into large chunks. Put into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Pour all the ingredients over top of the bread and put into the oven for 30-45 minutes.




My husband and I have a really ghetto toaster and I have had my eyes on a 4 slice toaster for a while. This one looks really nice and I like that it is big enough that you can put in a bagel.

1 comment:

  1. we have a 4 slice toaster that fits bagels as well. we love it! it has a "bagel" setting, which i've never used successfully, but they toast just fine on the normal toast setting.

    ReplyDelete