Monday, January 17, 2011

Crockpot Steak

I really like to use my Crock pot, especially on Sunday when I don't really feel like cooking. I hadn't tried this recipe but it turned out so amazing!! I just used some steaks that I had in our freezer, not anything special, you can use any meat you have hanging around with this recipe. It was super super good.

1 1/2 pounds of steak
1 medium onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
1 medium green pepper, but into 1 inch chunks
3 medium potatoes
1 sweet potato
1 can of beef broth (I just used water and it turned out fine)
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp dill weed
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp pepper
dash crush red pepper flakes ( I don't usually put this in because I don't really like spicy foods but this time I did and I really liked the little kick it gave them meal)
2 TBSP corn starch
2 TBSP water

In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown beef on both sides. Place all the veggies in a Crock pot and top with the beef.
Combine the broth, Worcestershire sauce, dill, thyme, pepper and red pepper flakes; pour over the beef. Cover and cook on high for 3/4 hours or until the meat reaches desired doneness and the vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove the beef and keep warm
Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook about 30 minutes longer until slightly thickened. Return been to the slow cooker; heat through.
Serving size: 6 servings
Calories per serving: 305

I am definitely a meat and potatoes kind of girl and this was an amazing meal. I was worried about the dill taste but it was fantastic. It was so easy to prepare too. I love the no hassle meals on Sunday!!!

Tonight I am going to try doing a Ham and Noodle Casserole. I haven't tried this one before either so I hope it turns out. WISH ME LUCK!





This is the Crockpot that I have and I love it. It is the perfect size. It seems to be extremely cheap right now so click on the link and it will take you to where you can purchase it through amazon.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you post easy & good meals! I will definitely be trying some out.

    ReplyDelete