Friday, January 14, 2011

Crockpot Curry Chicken

I LOVE using my Crockpot for meals. I prepare the meal at lunch time and then I don't have to worry about it again until it is dinner time. This recipe doesn't use any dishes except the Crockpot so it is not as much clean up afterwards and if you are anything like me you loathe clean up after a big meal. It is also really low in calories and lately I have been watching our calorie intake to help take off the holiday weight. Hope you like it! ENJOY!!

5 pieces of chicken thighs, skinned

8 oz of chunky salsa

1 TBSP curry powder

1/2 onion chopped

1/2 cup sour cream

Place your chicken in the crockpot. Mix the salsa, curry and onions together and then pour over the chicken. Cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 10 hours. After it is done remove the chicken and keep warm. Add the sour cream to the sauce that is left over an serve over the chicken. Serve it all on a bed or rice or steamed vegetables.

This is a great dish to introduce someone to THAI food. I really don't like curry that much but this one have a very mild taste to it and you just can't get enough of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment