Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Oh Henry Bars

This is my mom's recipe and she would make this for us when we would have swim meets and she would have to make two pans because all the kids on our team would drool over it. I like it because of all the peanuts and I feel like it gives you some energy as well as some quick sugars.

1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup peanuts
3 cups rice krispies
1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a large sauce pan boil the sugar and the corn syrup together until the sugar looks to be dissolved. Remove from heat and then add the peanut butter til it is melted. Then add the peanuts and rice krispies. Press the mixture down into a 9x13 pan and then sprinkle the chocolate chips over top. Let them melt and then spread them evenly with a spatula. Let the chocolate chips cool and then serve.

This is a really easy snack and is really delicious.












I do love my pan with the lid. It helps to keep treats fresher longer.

1 comment: