Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tonight I decided that I would let my two year old daughter help me with making Chocolate Chip Cookies. It was so much fun. She thought it was so awesome to put all the ingredients into my Kitchenaid mixer. It was funny cause every time we would add a new ingredient she would put the top down and turn on the mixer. I had to unplug it a couple of time to make sure she didn't jump the gun. When it came to adding the flour and other dry ingredients she put the top down and cranked the mixer to full speed. Yup you guessed it, there was a BIG mess and flour went everywhere. It was so hilarious because my daughter just looked at me with a guilty/wonderment look. She couldn't believe what happened. I laughed so hard!!! We had flour everywhere and my daughter started to lick it off of her hands and arms. It definitely made my night. Then when we put the chocolate chips in she thought it was hilarious and just kept asking me to do it again. I let her have a chocolate chip and she kept saying "last time" to me and took another chip out of the dough. I thought it was so funny. I had such a good time and I know that she did too.

Here is the recipe:
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 cups flour
1 bag of chocolate chips (this is a lot of chocolate
so if you don't like really overloaded cookies then just throw in a half a bag)

Cream the butter and sugars together
in your Kitchenaid or Bosch mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Add the rest of the ingredients except the chips, in while the mixer is going. Then add the chocolate chips slowly (some people don't like to add it when the mixer is going but I don't care so it is just you discretion). Put 1 TBSP of dough onto your cookie sheet that has been lined with a silpat (my favorite kitchen tool) and bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.


This batch turned out really good. I am going tonight to play basketball and so I didn't get to test one out. I will definitely do it afterwards though.


No comments:

Post a Comment