Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day!

We made some really cool cookies today for St. Patrick's Day. I got the idea from Utahdealdiva.com. Here are the pictures and then I will give the recipe.
















St. Patrick's Day sugar cookies

3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
green food coloring
green sprinkles

In your mixer cream the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla together. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and food coloring ( I added quite a bit of this to make it really green but you will have to just experiment).

Roll out about a softball sized ball of the dough into a long snake (about 1 inch in diameter). Roll into the sprinkles and then cut about a 1/4 inch piece off for each petal of the clover leaf. Then take a half of a circle and make it into the steam.

Cook for 10 minutes at 350 F.

You can frost them if you like but I think they are so cute without and super tasty.

These were really fun to make and they were pretty easy. I am sure you could make all sorts of holiday cookies this way!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Um ya these were amazing. I'm so glad I got to enjoy in them too!!

    ReplyDelete