Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cottage Cheese Rolls

Today my brother-in-law entered the MTC and I had a luncheon for him at my house before so we could all say goodbye. It was super hard because I had two little ones to watch but I pulled it off. I was really grateful for my husband's cousin and my other brother-in-law who came early and helped me out. The menu was super easy but I wanted to share some of it with you. I made chicken salad sandwiches which pretty much just consisted of chicken, cashews, grapes (cut up) and miracle whip (the only kind of spread!). I made some cottage cheese rolls to make the sandwiches with. They are super easy and I am pretty sure I have told lots of peeps about them but now I am going to blog about them.

Cottage Cheese Rolls

1/2 cup warm water
1/4 cup sugar
2 TBSP yeast

Combine the water and sugar in your Kitchenaid mixer and then sprinkle the yeast on top. Leave it for a couple of minutes while you get the next part ready.


1 16 oz tub cottage cheese warmed in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minutes
2 eggs
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Blend these ingredients in your blender so that they cottage cheese is nice and smooth. Add to the yeast mixture. Blend well.

4 cups flour

Add the flour and mix with your flat blade attachment. This is a very VERY sticky dough so don't think you need to add more flour. Let it raise on the counter for 45 minutes or in the fridge for 2-3 hours.

Take half of the dough after it has been raised and on a floured surface roll it out into a circle. Brush butter on the top and then cut into 8 pieces. I use my pizza cutter to do this and it makes it easier for me. Roll from fat end of the piece to the skinny end so it looks like a cresent roll. Place them on your cookie sheet that you have lined with a silpat. (I sometimes make 16 instead of just 8 because I don't need such HUGE rolls but for sandwiches they are perfect that big). Let these raise for an hour and then bake at 375 F for 10-13 minutes.


This is what the whole thing looks like when you add the chicken mixture. They were super delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I'm excited to try these. I think you have made them for me before :). They look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a blog award for you over at http://kneadysweetie.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete