Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chicken noodle soup

So, today my daughter got sick at the grocery store. We were going to have some sort of crock pot dinner tonight, maybe curry chicken but then I thought it would be better to do some sort of soup. I have made chicken noodle soup in the crock pot before and it is always super yummy.

Crockpot chicken noodle soup

4 stalks of celery
1/2 bag of baby carrots ( I use the baby carrots because I always have them at my house and they are a little bit sweeter.)
1/2 large onion
2 cans chicken broth
1 can water
salt and pepper to taste
2-3 chicken breasts
1/2 bag broad egg noodles

Cut up all the vegetables really small (that is the way I like it, you can cut them up however large you want to). Put the veggies into the crock pot and add the liquid ingredients and the chicken. Let cook on high for 2 1/2 hours. Take out the chicken and shred and put back into the crock pot and cook for an additional 1/2 hour. Add the noodles and cook until al dente (about 10 minutes). Taste it and add salt and pepper as needed.

I love to make bread or something to go along with soup so you can soak it up. That is what we are having for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment