Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Zucchini Bread

The baseball bats are taking over! I have to keep up with my zucchini somehow and I thought that I would shred a bunch of it and put it into my freezer. Then I decided to use some of the zucchini to make a treat for us and zucchini bread sounded perfect. I also needed to make something to take to my neighbor so I set out for the task.

Zucchini Bread

3 beaten eggs
1 cup oil
2 3/4 cup sugar
3 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
2 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups flour
1 cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips


In your Kitchenaid mixer combine the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix all dry ingredients in a separate container and then add to the Kitchenaid mixer and mix well. Then add the zucchini again mixing thoroughly. Pour into 3 bread pans ( I did two last time and so my loaves were huge but I suggest using 3 instead. Sprinkle the nuts or the chocolate chips on just before you put it into the oven. Cook at 325 for 70 minutes.

This particular loaf turned out extremely moist. It was delectable and all of the chocolate chips sunk to the bottom to make for a surprise on the bottom. My husband really liked it and surprisingly so did my really picky 3 year old eater.

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment