Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Omelet night

I always have those nights when I just have a craving for something besides pasta or rice. I just need to have that protein and usually I come up with Omelets. I don't usually make these for breakfast because I think it is just too much food for the morning when I am still trying to wake up my stomach. I DO think that this is the perfect dinner meal when you really don't want to cook too much and don't feel like having a super starchy meal.

To start my omelets I put 2-3 eggs (depending on the person eating it) into my magic bullet. This machine is so amazing and I really REALLY love it. I pretty much use it everyday, whether it be for a smoothie or just to help make scrambled eggs.


I put about 1/2 TBSP oil into the pan to get hot and then I add the egg. I make sure that the egg is spread out evenly in the pan so it will cook evenly and I don't get those really disgusting soggy spots. I usually let this cook 2-3 minutes so it isn't soggy in the middle. Then I add whatever I fancy.

My husband's Omelet-

My husband likes to keep things simple. He doesn't like to add fancy stuff. I used 3 eggs for his omelet because he works hard all day long and he needs the extra protein. In the middle I put cheese, bacon and cherry tomatoes (since I have a million in my garden). Then I garnished with a tomato on top.






My daughter's Omelet-

This 3 year old is really picky so I kept it super simple and just used 2 eggs and cheese and bacon. She loved it because I cut it up like pizza. She will eat anything in the shape of pizza.









My Omelet-

Unlike my husband I like to make things fancy so before I got to cooking all of the omelets I dices some onion, garlic and green peppers and sauteed them all together so they would be slightly cooked when I put them into my omelet. I used 2 eggs for my omelet because I am super picky about the texture of the omelet and I CAN NOT eat soggy omelets. In the middle I put the veggies that I had sauteed beforehand, cheese and bacon. I decided not to do tomatoes this time because I wanted to dip my omelet in my homemade salsa. I really enjoyed mine and the veggies just hit the spot. I also garnished with some green pepper to make it look pretty. Just something fancy.

I just love Omelet night.




No comments:

Post a Comment