Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Crock Pot Night

Tonight my Relief Society is doing a crock pot taste testing. I am super excited because everyone is going to bring something to share. I really love using my crock pot. It is so nice to prepare something early in the morning and then have a great dinner ready for the evening. If I worked full time I would ALWAYS do a crock pot meal.

The crock pot recipe I am going to highlight tonight I got from a friend a long time ago. It is RICE PUDDING! I know it isn't anything that is hard to make on the stove but I really like not having to babysit it. You can add anything you want to this recipe to to make it your own. I don't like raisins but that is popular.

Crock Pot Rice Pudding

4 cups whole milk ( I tried using other milk before and it doesn't turn out as creamy)
1/2 cup long grain white rice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter

Put all these ingredients into your crock pot and then turn it to high and cook for 2 1/2-3 hours. Just until the milk is completely soaked up.

Then turn your crock pot off and add these ingredients that you have already mixed together.

3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 large eggs (I know this seems weird but I usually just add 2 medium eggs)
1 tsp vanilla

Once you have mixed these ingredients with the rice concoction in the crock pot you can serve it right away. It is super yummy warm! It will also keep in your fridge for up to a week and is good as leftovers.

Yeah, happy CROCK POTTING TONIGHT!



No comments:

Post a Comment