Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Applesauce Pancakes

I have a reputation in my family for being the one who does the breakfast. I love to make new things and I love to just make new recipes up. This recipe I got the skeleton from Pinterest (my new favorite website) but I tweaked it so that it would fit with what I have found works the best.




Applesauce Pancakes

1 cup buttermilk/sour milk
1 egg
2 TBSP applesauce (if you don't have any then you can just use butter but that is why I substituted it because I didn't want to use butter)
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 TBSP sugar
1/2 tsp salt



Whisk the buttermilk and the eggs and the applesauce together then add the dry ingredients. Let sit for a couple of minutes while your griddle heats up. Make sure to use a spray on your griddle so the pancakes don't stick. Pour the batter to the size you want and then cook for 2-3 minutes on one side and then flip to the other side til golden on the bottom. Serve with your favorite topping. Mine is homemeade Buttermilk syrup!

Makes 4 servings.





This recipe is super easy and takes just a few minutes to make in the morning and then you can be a winner at your house for breakfasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment